Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jim Gifford <ma...@jg555.com> on 2006/05/25 23:50:36 UTC

SVN Mirroring - Multiple Readonly host - 1 Master that handles writes

I've been working on the ability to have read-only mirrors of my svn. We
want to force all our mirrors to commit to a single point. Has anyone
had any success in doing this, or have some pointers.

My plan is to have at least 3 mirrors, and forcing the mirrors via
either mod_proxy or mod_rewrite to redirect the writes to the main
server. The main server would then sync up the other repos by remotely
updating them.

I have tried a method at
https://dev.springwellfarms.com/svnworks/wiki/ProofOfConcept, but have
had no luck.

I'm open to suggestions, we currently use svk, but the problem is that
the revision #'s get out of sync, which has had a few of our developers
going nuts.