Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Ravisankar Challa <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/18 11:08:15 UTC

Meecrowave java 9 support

Meecrowave not working with java 9 (using latest snapshot of openwebbeans)

Caused by: org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansException:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException
    at
org.apache.webbeans.event.ObserverMethodImpl.notify(ObserverMethodImpl.java:371)
~[openwebbeans-impl-2.0.3-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.0.3-SNAPSHOT]

JEP - http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/320 - Removes the below modules

java.xml.ws (JAX-WS, plus the related technologies SAAJ and Web Services
Metadata)
java.xml.bind (JAXB)
java.activation (JAF)
java.xml.ws.annotation (Common Annotations)
java.corba (CORBA)
java.transaction (JTA)

java.se.ee (Aggregator module for the six modules above)
jdk.xml.ws (Tools for JAX-WS)
jdk.xml.bind (Tools for JAXB)

Adding --add-modules java.xml.bind or java.se.ee will work for now but it
would be nice if we have dependencies part of meecrowave.

Starts after adding these below 2 dependencies to pom.xml

<dependency>
    <groupId>javax.xml.bind</groupId>
    <artifactId>jaxb-api</artifactId>
    <version>2.3.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>javax.activation</groupId>
    <artifactId>activation</artifactId>
    <version>1.1.1</version>
</dependency>

<!--<dependency>
    <groupId>com.sun.xml.bind</groupId>
    <artifactId>jaxb-impl</artifactId>
    <version>2.3.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>com.sun.xml.bind</groupId>
    <artifactId>jaxb-core</artifactId>
    <version>2.3.0</version>
</dependency>-->

Re: Meecrowave java 9 support

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> If you explicitly add the dependencies that Ravi's mentioning, you'll get
> the correct output without --add-modules.  However, it is a hard dependency
> for CXF to include these dependencies.  Some of their core feature work is
> based on JAX-WS features, so there's no way to avoid the dependency.

This needs to be fixed yes but the way we are leading forward ;)

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi