Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Reaz Baksh <so...@dhantal.com> on 2002/09/06 16:53:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Help on perl

Hello

Please bear with me with these questions.

I have Apache 1.3.26 installed on a Solarisx86 machine with some 3rd
party modules.

I also have perl 5.8.0 installed.  To make this Perl installation work
with Apache do I need to have mod_Perl installed?

Thanks

Reaz

Re: [users@httpd] Help on perl

Posted by Chris Taylor <ch...@x-bb.org>.

RE: [users@httpd] Help on perl

Posted by Reaz Baksh <so...@dhantal.com>.
-Do I have to add anything to the httpd.conf file to link apache to
perl5.8.0?  Assuming I'm not using mod_Perl.

            -I tried to add mod_Perl but when I did the 'make install'
in the apache directory all the extra modules I've added in the original
instillation disappeared leaving me with only the default set of
modules.  How can I add mod_Perl without affecting those modules already
loaded?  Also I noticed in the httpd.conf file there is no LoadModule
lines although when I do a 'httpd -l' I see all that is loaded.

Reaz

Posted by Chris Taylor <ch...@x-bb.org>.