Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Moretti, Luciano (MED)" <Lu...@med.ge.com> on 2003/06/27 16:04:31 UTC

Skipping Junit tests

Hi-

1) is there a way to get Maven to continue if junit tests fail?  Every
time I try to do a dist:deploy or a jar goal when a junit test fails,
the process aborts.  There are some junit tests that we expect at this
point to fail, but we still wish to generate the artifacts.

2) I need a way to skip specific Junit tests.  We have Hansel coverage
tests that we don't want to run every time we do a build, but want to
run nightly when we build our snapshot.  We also expect that some of the
Hansel Junit tests will fail in the nightly build, but still want to
distribute the artifacts (see 1)

Thanks for the help,

Luciano Moretti

Re: Skipping Junit tests

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 10:04, Moretti, Luciano (MED) wrote:
> Hi-
>
> 1) is there a way to get Maven to continue if junit tests fail?  Every
> time I try to do a dist:deploy or a jar goal when a junit test fails,
> the process aborts.  There are some junit tests that we expect at this
> point to fail, but we still wish to generate the artifacts.

maven.test.failure.ignore = true

> 2) I need a way to skip specific Junit tests.  We have Hansel coverage
> tests that we don't want to run every time we do a build, but want to
> run nightly when we build our snapshot.  We also expect that some of the
> Hansel Junit tests will fail in the nightly build, but still want to
> distribute the artifacts (see 1)

In your <unitTest/> section provide an <excludes/> section. Look at
Maven's own POM for an example.

> Thanks for the help,
>
> Luciano Moretti

jvz.