Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/18 23:17:31 UTC

Download statistics

Poking through the apache.org logs, I see a large number of downloads of
jar files from this directory:

http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/updates/features/

Given the large number of downloads, I suspect these are being driven by
automation.  Are these downloads being driven by G builds?

Bill

Re: Download statistics

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Some thoughts:

Users add http://apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/updates/  to their
Eclipse update manager.  Every time the user start Eclipse update
manager to search updates, the update manager needs to download the
features to compare the remote feature version with installed version
to see if there's updates.

I guess that's why features path have more downloads of jar files than
other path.

--
Shawn