Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net> on 2002/02/02 21:04:57 UTC

XUpdate Samples

Kimbro,
Didn't you publish an e-mail that had a bunch of sample
code for XUpdates?

thanks,

Mark

Re: XUpdate Samples

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
On Saturday, February 2, 2002, at 05:55 PM, Mark J. Stang wrote:

> I found it!   I must have copied someone elses sample and that was what
> they were using :-(.   Ignorance is tough!!!   Anyway, does it actually
> use the web site that is specified or is it for reference only?

That is one of the eternal questions in the XML world. What sits at the
end of a namespace URI? The answer is nothing, it's just a string. It was
an unfortunate decision that resulted in the convention of using http://
as part of the uri. It won't touch the network.

> thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> "Mark J. Stang" wrote:
>
>> I don't know.   I usually don't deliberately set it.   What should I do?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> Kimbro Staken wrote:
>>
>>> Is your namespace set right?

Kimbro Staken
XML Database Software, Consulting and Writing
http://www.xmldatabases.org/

Re: XUpdate Samples

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.

Re: XUpdate Samples

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
It's set in the XUpdate XML. If you have the prefix defined as xu then
using xupdate on the elements won't work

BTW, this thread really belongs on the users list.

Re: XUpdate Samples

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.

Re: XUpdate Samples

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
Is your namespace set right?

alternative database back-end

Posted by Zsolt Kovacs <zs...@cern.ch>.
Hello,

Going through the code and the documentation it looks to me that
you are not planning to support any alternative DB back-end like
BerkeleyDB or mysql. Is it true, or i missed something.

Best Regards,

Zsolt

   __  Kovax
   ||========  Name/Title : Zsolt Kovacs, Mr/PhD, CERN/UWE
 __\/_____     Phone/Fax  : (41-22) 767-3457 / (41-22) 767 8930
 \_     _/     Address    : CERN div:EP 1211 Geneve 23 Switzerland
   |   |       Email      : Zsolt.Kovacs@cern.ch
 --'   `--     WWW        : not ready yet

Re: XUpdate Samples

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.
Kimbro,

Re: XUpdate Samples