Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Andrew Paliga <ap...@ca.ibm.com> on 2005/02/07 16:15:06 UTC

HTTP Status 500 -

Hi everyone,

I have an issue that i can not resolve:

I have an application names Artwork on Demand that works perfectly on my
colleagues machine
but will not work on mines! and nothing is changed

I would be very greatful if anyone has and suggestions of how to even
approach fixing this issue.

I am running jdk 1.3.1_15
and jre 1.31_15 as well

I am trying to run a web client application that some of my colleagues
have made. It is linked with Corel Draw to create Corel Draw files.

I am running the server off of Tomcat 4.1.24

When the program tries to invoke Corel I get the following error messages:

HTTP Status 500 -

-

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: com/ibm/bridge2java/Dispatch
at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)
at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFil

terChain.java:247)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain

.java:193)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:

256)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNe

xt(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:

191)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNe

xt(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
..

i'm just wondering where should i start to try to fix the program?...Is it

something to do with registering Corel Draw? the JRE/JDK? the server? or a

problem with the program itself??

ANY suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated

thanks,

Andrew Paliga
Junior Project Manager
IBM Toronto Media Design Studio
Phone: (905) 413-2024

Re: HTTP Status 500 -

Posted by Andrew Paliga <ap...@ca.ibm.com>.
thank you!

that was exactly the problem

i just had to put my bridge2java.dll and .jar in a another directory!

Re: HTTP Status 500 -

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
Not really a jakarta-commons problem but looking at the exception you
have a problem with bridge2java.
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/bridge2java

So its a problem with the native call from java to corel.
Either there is a version problem or corel has an installation problem
(an activeX component install problem)

You also want to carefully check all the dll's in the jdk/jre
directories, you often need extra dll's to get these kind of
applications to work. (also check the PATH for extra/special directories)

Hope this helps
Dirk