Posted to user@struts.apache.org by wkbutler <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/23 18:42:29 UTC

Is 'expression' a keyword in 2.1.6?

Hi - this may be a dumb question, but I'm having a validation issue since
upgrading to 2.1.6  (at least I think that's when it started).

Saving an entity called 'Expression' fails - always fails the validation for
field-validator 'requiredstring'.  Here is the validator definition:

<!DOCTYPE validators PUBLIC "-//OpenSymphony Group//XWork Validator
1.0.2//EN"
    "http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/xwork-validator-1.0.2.dtd">
<validators>
    <field name="expression.expression">
        <field-validator type="requiredstring">
            <message key="errors.required"/>
        </field-validator>
    </field>
    <field name="expression.expressionType">
        <field-validator type="requiredstring">
            <message key="errors.required"/>
        </field-validator>
    </field>
    <field name="expression.returnType">
        <field-validator type="requiredstring">
            <message key="errors.required"/>
        </field-validator>
    </field>
</validators>

and the debug result while saving, showing that there is data in all 3
fields:

DEBUG [btpool0-4] ParametersInterceptor.debug(57) | Setting params
expression.createDate => [ 07/21/2009 ] expression.createUser => [ -2 ]
expression.deleteDate => [  ] expression.deleteUser => [  ]
expression.expression => [ test ] expression.expressionId => [ 3 ]
expression.expressionType => [ FTL ] expression.lastUpdate => [ 07/22/2009 ]
expression.lastUpdateUser => [ -2 ] expression.returnType => [ Number ]
method:cancel => [ Cancel ] questionId => [ 545 ]

All 3 required fields fail with messages  "XXX is a required field".

Changing the field-validator to just "required" doesn't help.

Before I rename this entity and all it's relatives, I thought I'd ask here
to see if anyone knows if this has become a keyword.  I'm pretty darn sure
this worked for me before I upgraded to 2.1.6, at least when I originally
built it back in April/May.

Thanks for ideas -
Kent

Re: Is 'expression' a keyword in 2.1.6?

Posted by wkbutler <ke...@gmail.com>.
Answer appears to be 'no' after renaming the object and fields. Looks like
something else changed.