Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/07/23 07:17:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.5.0-HBase-1.0 RC0

Hi Everyone,

This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 4.5.0-HBase-1.0 RC0. This is
the next minor release of Phoenix 4, compatible with the 1.0 branch of
Apache HBase. The release includes both a source-only release and a
convenience binary release.

This release has feature parity with our pending 4.5.0-HBase-0.98 release
and includes the following improvements:
- Support for adding columns to tables with views
- Collection of per statement client-side metrics
- Ability to issue SELECT without FROM clause
- Pherf support for mixed read/write workloads
- Many new math and ARRAY built-in functions
- Manage UDF jars through SQL commands
- Improvements to MR index build

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/phoenix-4.5.0-HBase-1.0-rc0/src/

The binary artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/phoenix-4.5.0-HBase-1.0-rc0/bin/

For a complete list of changes, see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315120&version=12332152

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mujtaba.asc

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/phoenix/KEYS

The hash and tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=commit;h=083998f15d306e6a4f8535cc3850e6edba9526f8
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v4.5.0-HBase-1.0-rc0

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
The Apache Phoenix Team

[RESULT][VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.5.0-HBase-1.0 RC0

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
The vote for the release of Apache Phoenix 4.5.0-HBase-1.0 RC0 is now
closed and has passed with 3 binding +1s and no 0 or -1s:

Mujtaba Chohan*
Gabriel Reid*
James Taylor*

*=binding

We'll push out the new release soon. Thanks to those who voted.

    James

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.5.0-HBase-1.0 RC0

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.