Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Karl Stenerud <ka...@webartjapan.com> on 2003/04/03 04:48:14 UTC

Torque ignoring unique constraint?

Torque seems to be ignoring the <unique> elements in my schema.

I built the following table in the schema:

        <column
          name="id"
          required="true"
          primaryKey="true"
          type="INTEGER"
          description="Administrator Id"/>
        <column
          name="username"
          required="true"
          type="VARCHAR"
          size="16"
          description="Username"/>
        <column
          name="password"
          required="true"
          type="VARCHAR"
          size="8"
          description="Password"/>
        <unique>
            <unique-column name="id"/>
            <unique-column name="username"/>
        </unique>

But when I check mysql to see what it produced, I get the following:

# mysqldump --no-data tokoname;
-- MySQL dump 8.22
--
-- Host: localhost    Database: testdbase
-- Server version       3.23.52-log

--
-- Table structure for table 'ID_TABLE'
--

CREATE TABLE ID_TABLE (
  ID_TABLE_ID int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

--
-- Table structure for table 'adminUser'
--

CREATE TABLE adminUser (
  id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

I'm also able to add multiple users with the same username in my application.