Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/06/16 18:27:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1

Folks,

I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.4.1 (bug-fix release) that I would like to push out.

The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.4.1-rc0
The RC tag in svn is here: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.4.1-rc0

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.

thanks,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

1. checked out the tagged release on branch-2.4.1, 14f7c6a, built and
installed into the local mvn repo
2. ran the in-incubation slider functional tests

We can't create containers after an AM-restart, YARN-2065, but this was
expected. I don't consider that a critical issue as we're the only team to
have encountered it and we'll targeting branch-2.5 before long

also
-did a java 8 build on a linux VM; all worked
-ran the hadoop-tools/hadoop-openstack tests against a remote service, all
well.

we will be shipping the same s3n: // client that will NPEs on a seek beyond
the EOF as in Hadoop 2.3 & 2.4; blame HADOOP-9623, report HADOOP-10457

I have the tests and fix for it in HADOOP-9361; I think that should only be
targeted at branch-2.5 as the changes to s3n error handling are fairly
significant, amongst other things

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Mayank Bansal <ma...@apache.org>.
I think we should fix this one that will help older clients 2.2/2.3 not to
be updated if not absolutely required.

Thanks,
Mayank

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
Sounds good to me. Remove MAPREDUCE-5831 out of the scope of 2.4.1.

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 2:29 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> On Jun 20, 2014, at 11:23 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately even though we documented wire compatiblity, cross-version
> > client/server support doesn't yet really work for YARN and MapReduce. We
> > can only do that once we have wire-compatibility and eventually rolling
> > upgrades. No fix is in sight for MAPREDUCE-5831 - for now both clients
> and
> > AMs have to upgrade together in the MapReduce land..
>

> Actually, that is a reasonable expectation - particularly because we
> should all be migrating towards MAPREDUCE-4421 and should stop installing
> MR on every node.
>
> Arun
>

> > +Vinod
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Point to another MR compatibility issue marked for 2.4.1: MAPREDUCE-5831
> >> Old MR client is not compatible with new MR application, though it
> happens
> >> since 2.3.
> >>
> >> It would be good to figure out whether we include it now or later. It
> seems
> >> that we're going to be in a better position once we have versioning for
> MR
> >> components.
> >>

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/hdp/
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
Sounds good to me. Remove MAPREDUCE-5831 out of the scope of 2.4.1.

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 2:29 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> On Jun 20, 2014, at 11:23 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately even though we documented wire compatiblity, cross-version
> > client/server support doesn't yet really work for YARN and MapReduce. We
> > can only do that once we have wire-compatibility and eventually rolling
> > upgrades. No fix is in sight for MAPREDUCE-5831 - for now both clients
> and
> > AMs have to upgrade together in the MapReduce land..
>

> Actually, that is a reasonable expectation - particularly because we
> should all be migrating towards MAPREDUCE-4421 and should stop installing
> MR on every node.
>
> Arun
>

> > +Vinod
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Point to another MR compatibility issue marked for 2.4.1: MAPREDUCE-5831
> >> Old MR client is not compatible with new MR application, though it
> happens
> >> since 2.3.
> >>
> >> It would be good to figure out whether we include it now or later. It
> seems
> >> that we're going to be in a better position once we have versioning for
> MR
> >> components.
> >>

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/hdp/
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
Sounds good to me. Remove MAPREDUCE-5831 out of the scope of 2.4.1.

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 2:29 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> On Jun 20, 2014, at 11:23 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately even though we documented wire compatiblity, cross-version
> > client/server support doesn't yet really work for YARN and MapReduce. We
> > can only do that once we have wire-compatibility and eventually rolling
> > upgrades. No fix is in sight for MAPREDUCE-5831 - for now both clients
> and
> > AMs have to upgrade together in the MapReduce land..
>

> Actually, that is a reasonable expectation - particularly because we
> should all be migrating towards MAPREDUCE-4421 and should stop installing
> MR on every node.
>
> Arun
>

> > +Vinod
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Point to another MR compatibility issue marked for 2.4.1: MAPREDUCE-5831
> >> Old MR client is not compatible with new MR application, though it
> happens
> >> since 2.3.
> >>
> >> It would be good to figure out whether we include it now or later. It
> seems
> >> that we're going to be in a better position once we have versioning for
> MR
> >> components.
> >>

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/hdp/
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
Sounds good to me. Remove MAPREDUCE-5831 out of the scope of 2.4.1.

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 2:29 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> On Jun 20, 2014, at 11:23 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately even though we documented wire compatiblity, cross-version
> > client/server support doesn't yet really work for YARN and MapReduce. We
> > can only do that once we have wire-compatibility and eventually rolling
> > upgrades. No fix is in sight for MAPREDUCE-5831 - for now both clients
> and
> > AMs have to upgrade together in the MapReduce land..
>

> Actually, that is a reasonable expectation - particularly because we
> should all be migrating towards MAPREDUCE-4421 and should stop installing
> MR on every node.
>
> Arun
>

> > +Vinod
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Point to another MR compatibility issue marked for 2.4.1: MAPREDUCE-5831
> >> Old MR client is not compatible with new MR application, though it
> happens
> >> since 2.3.
> >>
> >> It would be good to figure out whether we include it now or later. It
> seems
> >> that we're going to be in a better position once we have versioning for
> MR
> >> components.
> >>

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/hdp/
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
On Jun 20, 2014, at 11:23 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately even though we documented wire compatiblity, cross-version
> client/server support doesn't yet really work for YARN and MapReduce. We
> can only do that once we have wire-compatibility and eventually rolling
> upgrades. No fix is in sight for MAPREDUCE-5831 - for now both clients and
> AMs have to upgrade together in the MapReduce land..

Actually, that is a reasonable expectation - particularly because we should all be migrating towards MAPREDUCE-4421 and should stop installing MR on every node.

Arun

> +Vinod
>
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Point to another MR compatibility issue marked for 2.4.1: MAPREDUCE-5831
>> Old MR client is not compatible with new MR application, though it happens
>> since 2.3.
>>
>> It would be good to figure out whether we include it now or later. It seems
>> that we're going to be in a better position once we have versioning for MR
>> components.
>>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/hdp/

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
On Jun 20, 2014, at 11:23 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately even though we documented wire compatiblity, cross-version
> client/server support doesn't yet really work for YARN and MapReduce. We
> can only do that once we have wire-compatibility and eventually rolling
> upgrades. No fix is in sight for MAPREDUCE-5831 - for now both clients and
> AMs have to upgrade together in the MapReduce land..

Actually, that is a reasonable expectation - particularly because we should all be migrating towards MAPREDUCE-4421 and should stop installing MR on every node.

Arun

> +Vinod
>
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Point to another MR compatibility issue marked for 2.4.1: MAPREDUCE-5831
>> Old MR client is not compatible with new MR application, though it happens
>> since 2.3.
>>
>> It would be good to figure out whether we include it now or later. It seems
>> that we're going to be in a better position once we have versioning for MR
>> components.
>>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/hdp/

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
On Jun 20, 2014, at 11:23 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately even though we documented wire compatiblity, cross-version
> client/server support doesn't yet really work for YARN and MapReduce. We
> can only do that once we have wire-compatibility and eventually rolling
> upgrades. No fix is in sight for MAPREDUCE-5831 - for now both clients and
> AMs have to upgrade together in the MapReduce land..

Actually, that is a reasonable expectation - particularly because we should all be migrating towards MAPREDUCE-4421 and should stop installing MR on every node.

Arun

> +Vinod
>
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Point to another MR compatibility issue marked for 2.4.1: MAPREDUCE-5831
>> Old MR client is not compatible with new MR application, though it happens
>> since 2.3.
>>
>> It would be good to figure out whether we include it now or later. It seems
>> that we're going to be in a better position once we have versioning for MR
>> components.
>>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/hdp/

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
On Jun 20, 2014, at 11:23 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately even though we documented wire compatiblity, cross-version
> client/server support doesn't yet really work for YARN and MapReduce. We
> can only do that once we have wire-compatibility and eventually rolling
> upgrades. No fix is in sight for MAPREDUCE-5831 - for now both clients and
> AMs have to upgrade together in the MapReduce land..

Actually, that is a reasonable expectation - particularly because we should all be migrating towards MAPREDUCE-4421 and should stop installing MR on every node.

Arun

> +Vinod
>
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Point to another MR compatibility issue marked for 2.4.1: MAPREDUCE-5831
>> Old MR client is not compatible with new MR application, though it happens
>> since 2.3.
>>
>> It would be good to figure out whether we include it now or later. It seems
>> that we're going to be in a better position once we have versioning for MR
>> components.
>>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/hdp/

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
Point to another MR compatibility issue marked for 2.4.1: MAPREDUCE-5831
Old MR client is not compatible with new MR application, though it happens
since 2.3.

It would be good to figure out whether we include it now or later. It seems
that we're going to be in a better position once we have versioning for MR
components.

Other than that, +1 (non-binding) for rc0. I've downloaded the source code,
built the executable from it, run through MR examples and DS jobs, checked
the metrics in the timeline server, and passed the test cases mentioned in
the change log.

- Zhijie

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

Posted by Mayank Bansal <ma...@gmail.com>.

vinodkv@apache.org> wrote:

> There is one item [MAPREDUCE-5830 HostUtil.getTaskLogUrl is not backwards
> binary compatible with 2.3] marked for 2.4. Should we include it?
>
> There is no patch there yet, it doesn't really help much other than
> letting older clients compile - even if we put the API back in, the URL
> returned is invalid.
>
> +Vinod
>
> On Jun 16, 2014, at 9:27 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.4.1 (bug-fix
> release) that I would like to push out.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.4.1-rc0
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.4.1-rc0
> >
> > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> >
> > Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Arun
> >

> > --
> > Arun C. Murthy
> > Hortonworks Inc.
> > http://hortonworks.com/hdp/
> >

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Thanks and Regards,
Mayank
Cell: 408-718-9370

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1

Posted by Mayank Bansal <ma...@gmail.com>.

vinodkv@apache.org> wrote:

> There is one item [MAPREDUCE-5830 HostUtil.getTaskLogUrl is not backwards
> binary compatible with 2.3] marked for 2.4. Should we include it?
>
> There is no patch there yet, it doesn't really help much other than
> letting older clients compile - even if we put the API back in, the URL
> returned is invalid.
>
> +Vinod
>
> On Jun 16, 2014, at 9:27 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.4.1 (bug-fix
> release) that I would like to push out.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.4.1-rc0
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.4.1-rc0
> >
> > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> >
> > Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Arun
> >

> > --
> > Arun C. Murthy
> > Hortonworks Inc.
> > http://hortonworks.com/hdp/
> >

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Thanks and Regards,
Mayank
Cell: 408-718-9370

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1,

built from source code.
installed single node cluster.
ran a few sample jobs successfully.

Jian

Posted by Mayank Bansal <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by lohit <lo...@gmail.com>.
+1 of having HDFS-6527 back ported if possible

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Committed HDFS-6527

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Committed HDFS-6527

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Committed HDFS-6527

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Committed HDFS-6527

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by lohit <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by lohit <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by lohit <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Mayank Bansal <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mayank Bansal <ma...@gmail.com>.

vinodkv@apache.org> wrote:

> There is one item [MAPREDUCE-5830 HostUtil.getTaskLogUrl is not backwards
> binary compatible with 2.3] marked for 2.4. Should we include it?
>
> There is no patch there yet, it doesn't really help much other than
> letting older clients compile - even if we put the API back in, the URL
> returned is invalid.
>
> +Vinod
>
> On Jun 16, 2014, at 9:27 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.4.1 (bug-fix
> release) that I would like to push out.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.4.1-rc0
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.4.1-rc0
> >
> > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> >
> > Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Arun
> >

> > --
> > Arun C. Murthy
> > Hortonworks Inc.
> > http://hortonworks.com/hdp/
> >

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Thanks and Regards,
Mayank
Cell: 408-718-9370

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1,

Posted by Mayank Bansal <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Mayank Bansal <ma...@gmail.com>.

vinodkv@apache.org> wrote:

> There is one item [MAPREDUCE-5830 HostUtil.getTaskLogUrl is not backwards
> binary compatible with 2.3] marked for 2.4. Should we include it?
>
> There is no patch there yet, it doesn't really help much other than
> letting older clients compile - even if we put the API back in, the URL
> returned is invalid.
>
> +Vinod
>
> On Jun 16, 2014, at 9:27 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.4.1 (bug-fix
> release) that I would like to push out.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.4.1-rc0
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.4.1-rc0
> >
> > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> >
> > Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Arun
> >

> > --
> > Arun C. Murthy
> > Hortonworks Inc.
> > http://hortonworks.com/hdp/
> >

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Thanks and Regards,
Mayank
Cell: 408-718-9370

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non binding)

Tested with local cluster.

Regards
JB

On 06/18/2014 08:38 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur wrote:
> +1
>
> verified checksum & signature on SRC TARBALL
> verified CHANGES.txt files
> run apache-rat:check on SRC
> build SRC
> installed pseudo cluster
> run successfully a few MR sample jobs
> verified HttpFS
>
> Thanks Arun
>

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.4.1 (bug-fix release)
>> that I would like to push out.
>>
>> The RC is available at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.4.1-rc0
>> The RC tag in svn is here:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.4.1-rc0

>> thanks,
>> Arun
>>

>> --
>> Arun C. Murthy
>> Hortonworks Inc.
>> http://hortonworks.com/hdp/
>>

>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
+1

verified checksum & signature on SRC TARBALL
verified CHANGES.txt files
run apache-rat:check on SRC
build SRC
installed pseudo cluster
run successfully a few MR sample jobs
verified HttpFS

Thanks Arun

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.4.1 (bug-fix release)
> that I would like to push out.
>
> The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.4.1-rc0
> The RC tag in svn is here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.4.1-rc0

> thanks,
> Arun
>

> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/hdp/
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
+1

verified checksum & signature on SRC TARBALL
verified CHANGES.txt files
run apache-rat:check on SRC
build SRC
installed pseudo cluster
run successfully a few MR sample jobs
verified HttpFS

Thanks Arun

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.4.1 (bug-fix release)
> that I would like to push out.
>
> The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.4.1-rc0
> The RC tag in svn is here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.4.1-rc0

> thanks,
> Arun
>

> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/hdp/
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
+1

verified checksum & signature on SRC TARBALL
verified CHANGES.txt files
run apache-rat:check on SRC
build SRC
installed pseudo cluster
run successfully a few MR sample jobs
verified HttpFS

Thanks Arun

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.4.1 (bug-fix release)
> that I would like to push out.
>
> The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.4.1-rc0
> The RC tag in svn is here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.4.1-rc0

> thanks,
> Arun
>

> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/hdp/
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
+1

verified checksum & signature on SRC TARBALL
verified CHANGES.txt files
run apache-rat:check on SRC
build SRC
installed pseudo cluster
run successfully a few MR sample jobs
verified HttpFS

Thanks Arun

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.4.1 (bug-fix release)
> that I would like to push out.
>
> The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.4.1-rc0
> The RC tag in svn is here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.4.1-rc0

> thanks,
> Arun
>

> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/hdp/
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

1. checked out the tagged release on branch-2.4.1, 14f7c6a, built and
installed into the local mvn repo
2. ran the in-incubation slider functional tests

We can't create containers after an AM-restart, YARN-2065, but this was
expected. I don't consider that a critical issue as we're the only team to
have encountered it and we'll targeting branch-2.5 before long

also
-did a java 8 build on a linux VM; all worked
-ran the hadoop-tools/hadoop-openstack tests against a remote service, all
well.

we will be shipping the same s3n: // client that will NPEs on a seek beyond
the EOF as in Hadoop 2.3 & 2.4; blame HADOOP-9623, report HADOOP-10457

I have the tests and fix for it in HADOOP-9361; I think that should only be
targeted at branch-2.5 as the changes to s3n error handling are fairly
significant, amongst other things

On 16 June 2014 09:27, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.4.1 (bug-fix release)
> that I would like to push out.
>
> The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.4.1-rc0
> The RC tag in svn is here: