Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Sol Lederman <so...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/13 00:10:56 UTC

Is there a broken Nutch 1.13 binary release?

Hi,

I retrieved the pre-built nutch code from
http://www.trieuvan.com/apache/nutch/1.13/apache-nutch-1.13-bin.tar.gz.
When I try to run a clean I get errors:

% bin/nutch solrclean crawl/crawldb http://myhost:8983/solr

In particular, I get errors that these two files don't exist.

plugins/plugin/plugin.xml
plugins/publish-rabitmq/plugin.xml (note the incorrect spelling of
"rabbit.")

Sure enough, the plugin.xml files don't exist. If I download the source
code from github then there is a plugin.xml in publish-rabbitmq but there
is no plugin directory to look for plugin/plugin.xml.

Is the binary release of 1.13 broken?

Thanks.
Sol

Re: Is there a broken Nutch 1.13 binary release?

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sol,

thanks. Confirmed, these warnings show up. But it's only warnings,
nothing which breaks functionality.  I didn't find any reasons in
the source code, it's only the bin package which contains these
files (spell errors in path) which cause the warnings. One reason
could be that the release package wasn't build in a clean checkout.
I've added this requirement to
   https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Release_HOWTO

Thanks for digging this out!

Sebastian