Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by mariancristian <ci...@yahoo.com> on 2016/09/16 11:30:59 UTC

ActiveMQ QueueBrowser returns NULL

Hi,

I am trying to implement a queue browser and parse the messages in that
queue. Here is my sample code:

        std::unique_ptr<cms::Queue>
destination(cmsSess->createQueue("TEST.FOO"));
	cms::MessageProducer* producer =
cmsSess->createProducer(destination.get());
	producer->setDeliveryMode(cms::DeliveryMode::NON_PERSISTENT);

	sendTestMsg(producer, cmsSess); // this is a function that sends three text
messages to the queue
                                                       // after this point,
I can see the messages in the AMQ web
                                                       // console

	std::unique_ptr<cms::QueueBrowser> browser(
cmsSess->createBrowser(destination.get()) );
	cms::MessageEnumeration* enumeration = browser->getEnumeration();

	while (enumeration->hasMoreMessages())
	{
		std::auto_ptr<cms::Message> inbound(enumeration->nextMessage());
	}

The sample code will never leave the 'while' loop and inbound message will
be NULL.

Can you please tell me if I am using the Queue Browser in a wrong way?

Thanks,
Marian