Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by ri...@debays.org on 2004/01/29 19:55:25 UTC

fmt:bundle scope problem

I'm using JSTL 1.1 on Tomcat 5.0, and fmt:bundle is changing the bundle for the
entire page, not just for fmt:message tags in its body.

My web.xml:
  <!-- fallback language is english -->
  <context-param>
    <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.fallbackLocale</param-name>
    <param-value>en</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <!-- message file prefix is "directory" -->
  <context-param>
    <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.localizationContext</param-name>
    <param-value>directory</param-value>
  </context-param>

The offending snippet of JSP:
  <%-- BUGBUG fmt:bundle is setting bundle for page scope, not tag scope --%>
key="${website.siteType}"/></fmt:bundle>">
    <fmt:message key="${website.siteType}"/>

The same text appears in the title and between the spans, even if I enclose the
second fmt:message in its own fmt:bundle with a different basename in order to
work-around this problem.  I'm guessing this is a problem with tag reuse.
Can anyone reproduce this, point me to a bug report, or suggest a work-around?

Thanks, Rick DeBay