Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by leerho <le...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/24 21:42:00 UTC

Hooray! DataSketches website is now completely moved!

Folks,

Many thanks to Joonsuk Bae and Drew Foulks of the Infra team, our website
<http://datasketches.apache.org> is now completely moved and being
dynamically updated!  This was the last major piece of the move to Apache!

   - incubator-datasketches-website
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-website> *master*
   branch is the source, which is mostly Markdown files.  Pushes to this
   branch will almost immediately be rendered to the *asf-site* branch as
   html where it will be served publicly.
   - datasketches.github.io
   <https://github.com/DataSketches/DataSketches.github.io>, which was the
   old site, has been fitted with redirects so that in most cases, users going
   to that site will be automatically redirected to datasketches.apache.org.
   (This was fairly simple once we figured out the best way to do this, but it
   took a long time to figure this piece out.  (I am thinking of writing this
   up to help other podlings that may be struggling with this same issue)
   - I carefully scanned the new site for references to *github.io
   <http://github.io>* and converted them to apache.org where appropriate.
   - I have also added the required Apache links, trademark notices and
   disclaimers to every web page to satisfy Apache requirements.
   - The only thing missing, which we are working on, is to place our logo
   image in SVG form on the website.

Thank you all for your patience!

Cheers!
Lee.

Re: Hooray! DataSketches website is now completely moved!

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Bertrand,

Thank you for your excellent suggestions!

The pom.xml is there to support a few Java class files that are used to
generate the Table of Contents from a JSON file, as well as some utilities
for doing some more complex string searching and substitutions that we can
use for doing mass changes on the website.  This stuff is only in *master*
and never rendered or copied to the *asf-site* branch.  The pom is more
complex than it needs to be, for sure, as it was mostly a copy/paste from
the other Java repos.

Lee.

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Bertrand,