Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Patrick van Kann <pa...@fortune-cookie.com> on 2005/03/21 15:20:30 UTC

Can Axis support "one-way" operations?

What do I need to do generate one-way webservice operations using Axis and WSDL2Java (and vice verse)?

If I try to generate client and server stubs from a WSDL that contains a portType with the following "one-way" operation definition:

<wsdl:operation name="setOffender">
    <wsdl:input message="impl:setOffenderRequest" name="setOffenderRequest"/>
</wsdl:operation>

I get an exception from WSDL2Java
No 'message' attribute in <input> for operation 'setOffender' - which I presume is really telling me about the lack of <output>. If I put an output message everything works fine, except my business logic interface then has a return type of Object where in fact I want it to be void.

Going the other way using Java2WSDL shows a similar problem - methods in the interface marked void still have an output message in the generated WSDL.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick