Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com> on 2015/08/30 16:39:48 UTC

[FlexJS] Does debugging work on IntelliJ?

I've put an alert and it shows, but there's no break at the breakpoint.
Debugging with AIR simulator. BTW, I don't see trace statements either.

Re: [FlexJS] Does debugging work on IntelliJ?

Posted by Hans Nücke <ha...@nuecke.de>.
Sorry to hear that!
I daily work with IntelliJ IDEA and am very happy!
I strongly suggest you make use of IntelliJ's support team.
That is very easy: under "Help" you'll find the "Contact Support Team"
button.
If what you experience is a problem with the IDE, they will be eager to
fix it.
If it is something related with your setup, chance are high they can
help to identify it!

For me it always was "enlightening" talking to the support team...

Regards
Hans

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Hans Nücke <ha...@nuecke.de>.
Good to hear it is working now!
So the "make a change and let it compile again" did the trick...
I had that 2 times also. But usually it works without problems!

You do not need the additional compiler option. It is sufficient to
check the option "generate debuggable SWF"

BTW, the support team of IntelliJ is first class! Usually they answer
within (literally!) with good suggestions/help!

Enjoy debugging
Hans

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
I think I ticked all the right boxes, see  screenshot
<https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=CF33E75095D2FE01!5079&authkey=!ALAvE8KiPIlEQLc&v=3&ithint=photo%2cPNG>
.

I also tried clearing cache and restarting but that didn't help. My test
project is  here
<https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=CF33E75095D2FE01!5078&authkey=!AIDYKGq6YLo55CA&ithint=file%2crar>
if you care to delve in.

Thanks.

Re: [FlexJS] Does debugging work on IntelliJ?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/30/15, 3:31 PM, "Hans Nücke" <ha...@nuecke.de> wrote:

>If not even the trace statement gives the expected output, something
>must be pretty wrong...

IIRC, if you don’t have -debug=true, trace statements are optimized out of
the SWF.

-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] Does debugging work on IntelliJ?

Posted by Hans Nücke <ha...@nuecke.de>.
In general it works perfectly fine!
I rarely have a problem when the debugger somehow cannot connect.
What helped in such case was to make a little change (insert an empty
line or similar) so the class was compiled again.
After that it worked.

What also can help is clearing the cache: File - Invalidate Caches / Restart
But  that also cleans your local history; what not always is a first
preference ;-)

Also a reboot might help.

And as Alex said: make sure you run the configuration that has the
compile box checked:
File - Project Structure - Modules - (select your module you start in
your configuration) - Compiler Options - Generate Debuggable SWF

What surprises me is that you say not even trace statements work?
Are you sure you're editing and testing the same module (it happened to
me that I  used a configuration I did not intend to use ;-)

If not even the trace statement gives the expected output, something
must be pretty wrong...

Good luck and regards

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.