Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Michael Timpe <MT...@t-online.de> on 2002/01/05 11:23:09 UTC

Debugging SOAP Application

Hi SOAPies!

How is it possible to debug a SOAP-Application?

I am using NetBeans 3.3 as IDE and Tomcat 4.0 for driving soap.

Greetings

Michael

Michael Timpe
Melchiorstr. 24
50670 Köln
eMail: mail@michael-timpe.de

RE: Debugging SOAP Application

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.
MessageMichael,

The simplest approaches are to use the System.out.println/System.err.println
methods.

Another option, is to step through the code....

Test your method calls by calling them inside the main method of your
Java/SOAP object, then run it like a normal Java object, rather than deal
with the complexity of writting both the client and the server code.  This
way you can test the server side code, before you write the client code
(SOAP client that is).  So if/when you start running into problems on the
client side, you can be reasonably confident that they're client side
problems, and not a bug on the server side <g>.

HTH.

-Chris