Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Ashish Chaudhary <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/02 08:38:55 UTC

Couchdb view compaction

I have successfully completed compaction of my database file. This is the
first time I did compaction and my file size decreases from 41GB to 9.8 GB.

Now I want to perform compaction on my views. So I tried to compact one of
my view and I notice on the Status form of futon that there are two process
that start running. i.e 1. The re-indexing of that view. 2. The compaction
of view.

The compaction process completed first and then one more process of
re-indexing started. So now there are two re-indexing process running for
same view. Is this correct behavior?

Also I want to know instead of compaction of view, if I delete the view
files and again re-index the view, will it be fast as compared to the above
scenerio?