Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jorge Mascena <jo...@cesar.org.br> on 2002/12/06 20:15:08 UTC

validator bug?

Hi,

I'd like to know how to disable the validation before the input form gets
presented to the user.

I want to validate the input data just after the user submits the form, but
what's happening is that the validation is being invoked before, so the
data.

The form is very simple (there are only 2 properties) and I first tried a
ValidatorForm. Didn't work: both validation errors get displayed when the
page is loaded. Then, I tried a DynaValidatorForm. Didn't work either, but
now only one validation error gets displayed when the page is loaded. (?)

I'm using Struts 1.1-b2 on Tomcat 4.1.12.

Am I missing something? Is it supposed to be like that?

Thanks

Jorge Mascena