Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Charles <fr...@peakpeak.com> on 2002/07/12 03:27:41 UTC

POST_MAX and mod_perl ~2.0

To alter the allowable size of posted material under mod_perl 1.3x you would
use this:

use Apache::compat;
use Apache::Request;

handler
{
   my $r = shift;
   my $apr = Apache::Request->new($r, POST_MAX=>(10*1024));
	$apr->args; #get your params here...
}

What is the suggested technique for mod_perl 2.0?

I understand that Apache::Request is replaced with Apache::RequestRec and
Apache::RequestIO and Apache::Request does not compile with a complaint of
Can't locate object method "boot" via package "mod_perl::boot" at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Apache/Table.pm line 6.  I seem to be running into a 1024
limit on urlencoded POSTs with my current configuration.

Charles

Apache/2.0.37-dev (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_02-dev Perl/v5.6.1

Re: POST_MAX and mod_perl ~2.0

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Charles wrote:
> To alter the allowable size of posted material under mod_perl 1.3x you would
> use this:
>
> use Apache::compat;

eh? in mod_perl 1.0?

> use Apache::Request;
>
> handler
> {
>    my $r = shift;
>    my $apr = Apache::Request->new($r, POST_MAX=>(10*1024));
> 	$apr->args; #get your params here...
> }
>
> What is the suggested technique for mod_perl 2.0?
>
> I understand that Apache::Request is replaced with Apache::RequestRec and

nope. Apache::Request for 2.0 is being in development (the c library
first), once it'll be available it'll have the same functionality as its
older brother, plus some new things.

> Apache::RequestIO and Apache::Request does not compile with a complaint of
> Can't locate object method "boot" via package "mod_perl::boot" at
> C:/Perl/site/lib/Apache/Table.pm line 6.  I seem to be running into a 1024
> limit on urlencoded POSTs with my current configuration.

I'm not sure I understand what do you mean, you want to restrict max
POST size or do you have some other problem. Please post a simple
example presenting the problem.