Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/08 10:09:24 UTC

Integrating Console View

Hello Devs,

I am trying to integrate CloudStack’s Console View into my custom
application. I have used to get console URL by passing apiKey and Signature
to “/client/console” page. The URL I get is working well in browser but I
want to get the actual console URL which is returned by “/client/console”
inside a <from> tag. I have tried requesting the URL I have created, with
PHP’s cURL library so I can parse it and  extract the real console URL. But
what I get is firstly, 301 redirect which redirects to the same location,
then a 400 character string  which displayed as emoty string, when I follow
the location. By running var_dump() I get something like this:

String(400) “”

Please help me to achieve my goal.

Thanks

Re: Integrating Console View

Posted by Frank Maximus <fr...@nuagenetworks.net>.
Hi,

Maybe a little late.
Not sure if signature is necessary.
What should work is storing the cookies returned from logging in,
and making sure those are passed to the request to /client/console.

In unix curl it looks like this:
curl -c cookies --data
command=login\&domain=\&password=password\&username=admin\&response=json
http://localhost:8080/client/api
curl -b cookies http://localhost:8080/client/console?cmd=access&vm=UUID

Regards,
Frank