Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Vladimir Ralev <vl...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/31 17:45:39 UTC

Migration from bigcouch to later couchdb

Hello again,

Just wondering if bigcouch data files will be compatible with future
versions of couchdb now that the projects are merged. Will there be
separate ports for data and shards? Will the directory structure of
bigcouch be used or it is completely new? What would be the recommended
option to migrate data from bigcouch to new couchdb?

Thanks.

Re: Migration from bigcouch to later couchdb

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Sure, that’s the fallback position. CouchDB’s on-disk format has changed several times over the years, and each time we teach the code to upgrade old to new as it encounters them. We will do that for current CouchDB to clustered CouchDB, the question here is whether we will do the same for BigCouch 0.4 dbs. We will certainly try, and it might be no extra work at all, but I think it’s acceptable to say "use replication" in that case.

B.

Posted by "Florian Westreicher Bakk.techn." <st...@meredrica.org>.

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.