Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Goodenough <da...@btconnect.com> on 2004/09/03 14:49:13 UTC

Rotation of Catalina.out

I am running Tomcat 5.0.27 on a Debian Unstable system
in /usr/local/share/tomcat5.  Under this directory is the logs directory
and that contains lots of localhost_log.yyyy-mm-dd.txt files (one for
each day) but only one catalina.out file.

In server.xml there are two Logger tags:-

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

                 directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
            timestamp="true"/>

and I guess that the latter is responsible for all the daily logs.

The former however is obviously not responsible for the
catalina.out as the file name is wrong.

So I assume that Catalina.out is coming from
StandardErrLogger and/or StandardOutLogger.

My question is how to get daily files for Catalina.out?

David