Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Steve Pruitt <bp...@opentext.com> on 2018/05/08 14:07:58 UTC

removing ZK installation

Hi,

I need to remove ZooKeeper from a Centos machine.  I tried yum remove to no avail using instructions I found online.

Thanks.

-S

RE: [EXTERNAL] - Re: removing ZK installation

Posted by Steve Pruitt <bp...@opentext.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
http://bigtop.apache.org/index.html

Patrick

Posted by harish lohar <hk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Washko, Daniel" <dw...@gannett.com>.
Steve, how was zookeeper installed? That should be the method with which you remove it.

If you are not sure how it was installed, you can do:

rpm -qa |grep zookeeper

To determine whether it was installed via an RPM package. If that does not unearth a matching RPM then it was probably installed some other way. More than likely it could have binary in an archive extracted to, maybe,  /opt/zookeeper.

If you look at the running zookeeper process it should give you an idea of where zookeeper is installed and where the data directory is:

ps -ef |grep zookeeper

How zookeeper is starting is dependent on which version of Centos you are running. Centos 6 uses upstart and service command. More than likely you will find the zookeeper init script in /etc/init.d. If this is Centos 7 then it's systemd. As root you can run systemctl by itself to get a list of service scripts. Hit the "/" key and type in zookeeper. It will take you to any service script with zookeeper in the name. This will help you determine how to stop zookeeper.

Posted by Steph van Schalkwyk <sv...@gmail.com>.