Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Martin van Dijken <mv...@madocke.nl> on 2003/09/02 16:23:07 UTC

sql:resultset behaves strangely

Hey gang,

I've got something really strange going on. I've got a servlet that creates a resultset and then puts this resultset in the request attributes under "results". In the page I've got these tags:

<sql:resultSet name="results" id="rslts">
   <sql:getColumn colName="app_title"/><br>
</sql:resultSet>
<sql:wasEmpty><p>No results found</p></sql:wasEmpty>

I figure this should loop the content of the resultset if anything can be found and if the resultset was null, then the sql:wasEmpty should be displayed.

Over to the problem. The jsp behaves exactly as expected when the server has just been reboot. However, after the first time someone has found any results at all, things go haywire when no results can be found. When no results can be found, the sql:resultset displays some random blurb. Sometimes this will be the body of the previous sql:resultset. At other times the body of fmt:bundle is displayed. It looks as if the body of the last succesfully processed tag is displayed again somehow.

I can't really figure out whether this is a bug of the sql tag, an error in the BodyTagSupport class or of course something I'm doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Martin van Dijken