Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by stefan düsing <st...@googlemail.com> on 2012/05/05 04:30:05 UTC

deltacloud-server with ec2

Hello,

I hope you can help me :-)

i'm running the deltacloud-server on localhost. With this one i want to
connect to a ec2 server.
So i run deltacloudd -i ec2 -r ip -p3001
But i get a RuntimeError
eventmachine.rb:572: in 'start_tcp_server': no acceptor (RuntimeError)

Do i have to install the seltacloud-server on every ec2 server? Or must
i install sth on my ec2 server?

I hope you can give me an answer soon.

Best regards

Stefan Duesing

RE: deltacloud-server with ec2

Posted by "Koper, Dies" <di...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>.
> I think the help text is correct (and it's exactly what thin says for
> the equivalent option)

For a person who knows how a web server works and starting the DeltaCloud API server is equivalent to starting a web server, it is a fine message.
For a person who just wants to operate their remote VMs, it can be confusing.
If the -r option was hidden somewhere in an advanced section, fine, but it's published in the help option of the DeltaCloud server, so I think its description should be directed at DeltaCloud users instead of web server operators.

+1 on the improvement of the error message, but it would probably not have helped in the OP's case.

Regards,
Dies Koper

Posted by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com>.

Posted by "Koper, Dies" <di...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>.