Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by kf...@collab.net on 2003/12/12 15:02:12 UTC

Re: Subversion and Freshmeat

"Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net> writes:
> It's IMHO, time to have stable news about Subversion on Freshmeat.
>
> May I suggest that we submit news regularly to Freshmeat from now on, and
> that data about dependencies and so on are kept in sync to?
>
> Freshmeat are quite public and the "Subscribe to new releases" service
> are very valuable. It's important to keep such data in sync with the
> Subversion status.

Greg Stein had been maintaining the Freshmeat page, if I recall
correctly.  But he's been busy, and maybe forgot -- anyway, it makes a
lot of sense for you to do it, if you're willing.  Go for it!

-K

Re: Subversion and Freshmeat

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Sunday 14 December 2003 19.16, kfogel@collab.net wrote:

> I did some maintenance of our Freshmeat page last night, but there's
> still more to do.  I'll assume you're taking care of it; if it gets to

I saw it. I did not want to touch anything before 0.35.0 comes out. :-)

> be too much of a burden, or if you have questions about prereqs or
> anything, just post.

It's a true pleasure, not burden! Free software have been the foundation
for my living (well, could need more work this days..) since 1998 so
this is my chance to give something back!
And to something together with the fantastic Subversion community are a
privilege - nothing else! :-)

I have some thoughts about prereqs and will come back to it...

Jostein

--
http://www.josander.net/kontakt/ ||
http://www.josander.net/en/contact/

Re: Subversion and Freshmeat

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net> writes:
> If no one have objections, I put a note about this in section 12 in
> notes/releases.txt (possible after the 0.35.0) release.

That would be great, go for it!

I did some maintenance of our Freshmeat page last night, but there's
still more to do.  I'll assume you're taking care of it; if it gets to
be too much of a burden, or if you have questions about prereqs or
anything, just post.

Thanks much, Jostein,
-k

Re: Subversion and Freshmeat

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Sunday 14 December 2003 02.43, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 05:09:49PM +0100, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:

> I see access has already been granted for you. Great!  I'd suggest
> that announcing on Freshmeat becomes part of the regular RM duties.

+1.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 05:09:49PM +0100, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
> On Friday 12 December 2003 16.02, kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> > Greg Stein had been maintaining the Freshmeat page, if I recall
> > correctly.  But he's been busy, and maybe forgot -- anyway, it makes a
> > lot of sense for you to do it, if you're willing.  Go for it!
>
> A fish was biting on the hook.. :-) I'm ready!
>
> I see that you and Ben Collins-Sussman are admins there as well, so if I
> should do this, then one of you must give me access to the project site.

I see access has already been granted for you. Great!  I'd suggest that
announcing on Freshmeat becomes part of the regular RM duties.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/