Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by David Starks-Browning <st...@ebi.ac.uk> on 2002/03/28 23:35:07 UTC

1.7.0 test failures on Compaq Tru64 5.1

Greetings,

I have built Xerces-C 1.7.0 and XML::Xerces-1.7.0 with gcc-2.95.3 and
perl-5.6.1 on RH Linux 6.2, Solaris 2.7, IRIX 6.5 and Compaq Tru64 UNIX 5.1.

(Well done Jason!  I was very impressed at how smoothly the
XML::Xerces build went.  I did not have to make a single change to the
XML-Xerces-1.7.0 distribution!)

All tests passed on all platforms except on Compaq, which has these statistics:

Failed Test              Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
t/DOM_DOMException.t    	   0   134     7    6  85.71%  2-7
t/DOM_Document.t        	   0   134 35124 3512  99.99%  3-35124
t/LocalFileInputSource.t	   0   134     5    3  60.00%  3-5
t/SAXException.t        	   0   134     6    5  83.33%  2-6
t/URLInputSource.t      	   0   134     8    3  37.50%  6-8
t/XMLException.t        	   0   134     5    4  80.00%  2-5
Failed 6/32 test scripts, 81.25% okay. 35143/35323 subtests failed, 0.51% okay.

When running the tests manually (this works as written because the
module is now installed) I get this mode of failure each time:

perl t/DOM_DOMException.t
1..7
ok 1
IOT/Abort trap (core dumped)

perl t/DOM_Document.t
1..35124
ok 1
ok 2
IOT/Abort trap (core dumped)

perl t/LocalFileInputSource.t
1..5
ok 1
ok 2
IOT/Abort trap (core dumped)

(and so on)

Any suggestions about what I might have done wrong?  I can supply
configure parameters and copious build logs upon request. :-)

Thanks for your help.

David

  David Starks-Browning                  | starksb@ebi.ac.uk
  EMBL Outstation --                     |
  The European Bioinformatics Institute  |
  Wellcome Trust Genome Campus           | tel: +44 (1223) 494 616
  Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, UK       | fax: +44 (1223) 494 468

Re: 1.7.0 test failures on Compaq Tru64 5.1

Posted by "Steven N. Hirsch" <hi...@btv.ibm.com>.
On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, David Starks-Browning wrote:

> On  16 Apr 02, Jason E. Stewart writes:
> > Apparently sourceforge got a donation from compaq just recently, but
> > they have Linux running on it, and you're trying to get it to work on
> > Tru64, right?
>
> Correct, Tru64.
>
> > Anyway, next week when I get back from DC, I'll try it out on
> > Sourceforge and let you know what happens.
>
> OK.  I'm not sure that alpha-linux will help diagnose problems on
> Tru64, though.
>
> I guess that nobody else is running it on Tru64, either.  At least,
> nobody who is reading this list.
>
> If only I could demonstrate the problem with Xerces-C itself, outside
> of perl and XML::Xerces...

I'm in the same boat under AIX.  Something with the generated exception
handling code in Xerces.C fails miserably on this platform.  It's resisted
all efforts at debugging it (brings down the debugger with it).
Naturally, the Xerces C library runs like a champ.

> Thanks for your help, Jason.

That's an understatement.  Jason, you deserve a medal!

Steve

Steven N. Hirsch       tie-line: 446-6557     ext: 802-769-6557

Staff Engineer                     Methodology Integration Team
ASIC Product Development           IBM Microelectronics

Re: 1.7.0 test failures on Compaq Tru64 5.1

Posted by David Starks-Browning <st...@ebi.ac.uk>.

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"David Starks-Browning" <st...@ebi.ac.uk> writes:

> Unfortunately nobody has responded to this.  Have others built
> XML::Xerces on Compaq successfully?  (Or not?)  I'd like to hear
> from you to compare notes.  I'd like to know if I should be doing
> something differently.  For example, if it's working for others who
> have used the vendor compilers for perl and/or Xerces-C, I will try
> that.  (It's a disruptive exercise for me, so I'm reluctant to try
> it without some hint that it will help.)

Hey David,

Apparently sourceforge got a donation from compaq just recently, but
they have Linux running on it, and you're trying to get it to work on
Tru64, right?

Anyway, next week when I get back from DC, I'll try it out on
Sourceforge and let you know what happens.

Cheers,
jas.

1.7.0 test failures on Compaq Tru64 5.1

Posted by David Starks-Browning <st...@ebi.ac.uk>.
Greetings,

Unfortunately nobody has responded to this.  Have others built
XML::Xerces on Compaq successfully?  (Or not?)  I'd like to hear from
you to compare notes.  I'd like to know if I should be doing something
differently.  For example, if it's working for others who have used
the vendor compilers for perl and/or Xerces-C, I will try that.  (It's
a disruptive exercise for me, so I'm reluctant to try it without some
hint that it will help.)

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,
David