Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2003/08/28 11:24:36 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/webdav/samples/dasl sitemap.xmap test-dasl.xml

Le Jeudi, 28 aoû 2003, à 10:11 Europe/Zurich, gianugo@apache.org a
écrit :

>   A first cut at a DASL query component. Needs tweaking, but it's
> basically working.

Just curious, which DASL-enabled server are you using?
(I tested the DASL support in Slide a while ago but it was very slow,
basically scanned the whole store).

-Bertrand

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/webdav/samples/dasl sitemap.xmap test-dasl.xml

Posted by Guido Casper <gc...@s-und-n.de>.
Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org> wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> Le Jeudi, 28 aoû 2003, à 10:11 Europe/Zurich, gianugo@apache.org a
>> écrit :
>>
>>>   A first cut at a DASL query component. Needs tweaking, but it's
>>> basically working.
>>

>> Just curious, which DASL-enabled server are you using?
>> (I tested the DASL support in Slide a while ago but it was very
slow,
>> basically scanned the whole store).
>
> I'm using Catacomb ATM. It's pretty fast and reliable, with the only
> limitation of being MySQL only (but we might have a surprise out of
> the door pretty soon :-)).
>
> Also, today a wild idea came to my mind. Since DAV:basicsearch is
just
> XML-ized SQL it should be pretty simple to XSL-transform it into a
> plain SQL query to run against a database. With a few Cocoon
> components, then,
> it might be pretty simple to have a poor man's DASL-enabled WebDAV
> server, augmenting the davmap example of Guido. Something to think
> about, but it could be as simple as
>
> <match pattern"SEARCH">
>    <generate type="stream"/>
>    <transform src="DASL2SQLTransformer.xsl"/>
>    <transform type="sql"/>
>    <transform type="sql2propfind.xsl"/>
>    <serialize type="xml" status-code="207/>
> </match>
>
> Something to think about on a cold winter night. :-) Next step might
> be having a query engine on top of InspectableSource(s), but I'm
> afraid
> that it would be dog slow.

It doesn't necessarily has to be slow. You could have special property
views that would be indexed by Lucene.

Guido

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/webdav/samples/dasl sitemap.xmap test-dasl.xml

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Jeudi, 28 aoû 2003, à 11:34 Europe/Zurich, Gianugo Rabellino a écrit
:

> ...I'm using Catacomb ATM. It's pretty fast and reliable, with the
> only limitation of being MySQL only (but we might have a surprise out
> of the door pretty soon :-)).

Thanks for the info!

> <match pattern"SEARCH">
>   <generate type="stream"/>
>   <transform src="DASL2SQLTransformer.xsl"/>
>   <transform type="sql"/>
>   <transform type="sql2propfind.xsl"/>
>   <serialize type="xml" status-code="207/>
> </match>

Wow - looks really interesting. Make sure you mark down these cool
winter nights in your agenda ;-)

-Bertrand

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/webdav/samples/dasl sitemap.xmap test-dasl.xml

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le Jeudi, 28 aoû 2003, à 10:11 Europe/Zurich, gianugo@apache.org a écrit :
>
>>   A first cut at a DASL query component. Needs tweaking, but it's
>> basically working.
>

> Just curious, which DASL-enabled server are you using?
> (I tested the DASL support in Slide a while ago but it was very slow,
> basically scanned the whole store).

I'm using Catacomb ATM. It's pretty fast and reliable, with the only
limitation of being MySQL only (but we might have a surprise out of the
door pretty soon :-)).

Also, today a wild idea came to my mind. Since DAV:basicsearch is just
XML-ized SQL it should be pretty simple to XSL-transform it into a plain
SQL query to run against a database. With a few Cocoon components, then,
it might be pretty simple to have a poor man's DASL-enabled WebDAV
server, augmenting the davmap example of Guido. Something to think
about, but it could be as simple as

<match pattern"SEARCH">
   <generate type="stream"/>
   <transform src="DASL2SQLTransformer.xsl"/>
   <transform type="sql"/>
   <transform type="sql2propfind.xsl"/>
   <serialize type="xml" status-code="207/>
</match>

Something to think about on a cold winter night. :-) Next step might be
having a query engine on top of InspectableSource(s), but I'm afraid
that it would be dog slow.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/webdav/samples/dasl sitemap.xmap test-dasl.xml

Posted by Guido Casper <gc...@s-und-n.de>.
Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> wrote:
> Le Jeudi, 28 aoû 2003, à 10:11 Europe/Zurich, gianugo@apache.org a
> écrit :
>
>>   A first cut at a DASL query component. Needs tweaking, but it's
>> basically working.
>
> Just curious, which DASL-enabled server are you using?
> (I tested the DASL support in Slide a while ago but it was very
slow,
> basically scanned the whole store).

Yes, Slide supports DASL queries. However there is no way to index
them. Lucene integration is on their roadmap for more than 2 years
now.

Guido