Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Na...@kp.org on 2004/03/02 21:57:47 UTC

Re: Log4j problem with Rolling file appender!

Hi,

We are currently using log4j-1.2.7 and deployed as a web application in
WebSphere
application server. The setting for the Rolling File Appender is

log4j.category.sca.kpol=ERROR, HL7_APPENDER_SCA
log4j.additivity.sca.kpol=false
log4j.appender.HL7_APPENDER_SCA=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.HL7_APPENDER_SCA.File=/logs/kporg/rxrefill/hl7_rxrefill_sca.log
log4j.appender.HL7_APPENDER_SCA.MaxFileSize=100KB
log4j.appender.HL7_APPENDER_SCA.MaxBackupIndex=1
log4j.appender.HL7_APPENDER_SCA.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.HL7_APPENDER_SCA.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} %-5p
- %m%n

I am getting the following errors with this current setting, with the
log4j backup file.

1. Wiping out the backup file: After log4j has taken the backup when the
size is reached over 100KB, the size of hl7_rxrefill_sca.log.1 is 0KB.
This is not happening always. But, I can't figure out the reason why it is
wiping out the contents.
2. Another weird behavior. Log4j is updating both the original file and
back up file simultaneously once the back up has taken.

Appreciate you help.
Naidu