Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Hao Ding <hd...@it.canterbury.ac.nz> on 2002/06/19 06:55:05 UTC

need help about using JSTL in Tomcat

Hi,

Where should I put the standard.jar and jstl.jar files into the Tomcat 4.0
application?  I simply copied those jar files into the
tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib directory, and imported JSTL in my JSP pages
with
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>, I got an
exception:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri
(http://java.sun.com/jstl/core) cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the
jar files deployed with this application

Thank you very much!

Hao Ding
Department of Computer Science
The University of Canterbury
Christchurch
New Zealand

Re: need help about using JSTL in Tomcat

Posted by Paul DuBois <pa...@snake.net>.
At 16:55 +1200 6/19/02, Hao Ding wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Where should I put the standard.jar and jstl.jar files into the Tomcat 4.0
>application?  I simply copied those jar files into the
>tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib directory, and imported JSTL in my JSP pages
>with
><%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>, I got an
>exception:

You'll have to modify webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml to add <taglib>
entries that map the uri value to the location of the jar files.
The JSTL installation instructions describe how to do this.  See, for
example, this page:

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/binarydist.html