Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Phil Burress <ph...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/16 20:10:14 UTC

Bootstrap Timing

Greetings,

How long does bootstrapping typically take? I have 3 existing nodes in our
cluster with about 40GB each. I've added three new nodes to the cluster.
They have been in bootstrap mode for a little over 3 days now. Should I be
concerned? Is there a way to tell how long it will take to finish?

Running Cassandra version 2.0.6. on Ubuntu 12.04.

Thanks very much!

Phil

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Steven A Robenalt <sr...@stanford.edu>.
Interesting. I did our 2.0.3 -> 2.0.5 upgrade by bootstrapping/joining each
node into our cluster, one at a time, then retiring the old nodes one at a
time. Maybe something specific to the 2.0.6 release?

Good to hear that you've gotten through it anyway.

Steve

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Phil Burress <ph...@gmail.com>.
Cassandra 2.0.6

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by James Rothering <jr...@codojo.me>.
What version of C* is this?

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Phil Burress <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Phil Burress <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Phil Burress <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Steven A Robenalt <sr...@stanford.edu>.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Phil Burress <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Steven A Robenalt <sr...@stanford.edu>.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Mark Reddy <ma...@boxever.com>.
If all streams have completed, the node could be still rebuilding secondary
indexes? Try looking at 'nodetool compactionstats' for this.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Phil Burress <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Phil Burress <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Phil Burress <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Ken Hancock <ke...@schange.com>.
Seed nodes don't bootstrap.

--
*Ken Hancock *| System Architect, Advanced Advertising
SeaChange International

Office: +1 (978) 889-3329 | [image: Google Talk:]
ken.hancock@schange.com | [image:
Skype:]hancockks | [image: Yahoo IM:]hancockks [image:
LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/in/kenhancock>

[image: SeaChange International]
 <http://www.schange.com/>This e-mail and any attachments may contain
information which is SeaChange International confidential. The information
enclosed is intended only for the addressees herein and may not be copied
or forwarded without permission from SeaChange International.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Phil Burress <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bootstrap Timing

Posted by Phil Burress <ph...@gmail.com>.