Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Russel Winder <ru...@concertant.com> on 2009/02/04 10:50:33 UTC

Re: Commons - CLI 2.0

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 21:29 +0100, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i would like to know if there are any plan to get an 2.0 of CLI out of
> the door in the near futuere ?

I think the fact that there has been no reply to your email is answer
enough.  :-(

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077

Re: Commons - CLI 2.0

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi there,

after thinking a longer time about the thing with CLI2 which i had asked
for i would like to suggest to improve the project ...

I'm willing to invest the time to the project...

The most important thing for me is that CLI2 has a thing like

command Options

So the first thing i would suggest is to define the naming of the projects:

   CLI2 (currently sandbox)

   CLI 1.X, 2.0 ....

as mentioned by others to make a clear separation of the project possible...

I have taken a look into the source code of the CLI2 project and it
seemed to be not to organized like a usual Maven 2 project which i would
like to do. So this means reorganizing the folder structure to fit
e.g. like the following:
src/main/java ...
src/main/resources...
src/main/assembly....
src/test/java...
src/test/resources

What do the other developers think about this ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: Commons - CLI 2.0

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
> I'm thinking that we stop thinking of CLI 1.x and CLI 2.0 (branches of
> one product); but rather CLI and CLI2; ie) two separate components
> with their own sites. That might free each to stop being hamstrung by
> the other.

+1

IMO that's what a change in the major version number means anyway.

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: Commons - CLI 2.0

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Maybe the release would get it off the ground.

I'm thinking that we stop thinking of CLI 1.x and CLI 2.0 (branches of
one product); but rather CLI and CLI2; ie) two separate components
with their own sites. That might free each to stop being hamstrung by
the other.

Hen

Re: Commons - CLI 2.0

Posted by Rory Winston <ro...@gmail.com>.