Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/27 21:25:21 UTC

3rd RC wrap-up

Hi,

I've cleaned ${svn.libs} from jars which are downloaded from Central, I
forgot to do that as part of 2.9.0-incubating-10.

Aside from that, a few things have popped up the last days regarding RC3:

- dependencies downloaded from svn.apache.org: I've requested some guidance
at general@a.o I'll expect that by tomorrow afternoon we'll have some
answers. Correction, we do have some insights right now (it hasn't appeared
on archives.mailbox.a.o so no link yet), although I've made a few more
questions. It seems ${svn.libs} will have a short live... I'll begin to
have a look at the two options given (create a deps package, distributed
from mirrors and uploading the external jars to OSSRH[#1]), but if anyone
else is willing to look at one of those it'll be wellcomed O:-)

- build of RC3: seems that problems with the build are regarding mixing
workspaces (please confirm if not). I've noticed that, prior to
2.9.0-incubating-10, ${libs.test} could be mixed with ${libs.opt}, and as
the latter downloaded some transitive dependencies, they (could) include
the breaking-build-xerces-different-version. This shouldn't happen on
current trunk / RC3, but maybe while svn updating, if ant clean-deps isn't
called, that could trigger the build error. But this is myself mostly
wondering, as I can't reproduce the error on my working workspace right
now...

In order to ensure the dist builds with the appropiate jars, I've added a
clean-deps execution to dist target in both trunk and RC3. This should fix
the build problems with RC3. I've also requested a CI job at infra [#2] to
ensure that current trunk is always building.

br,
juan pablo

[#1]:
https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Uploading+3rd-party+Artifacts+to+The+Central+Repository