Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/06 22:53:25 UTC

Override reportSets via combine.self="override"?

Hello,

say I have a parent pom, which defines:

          <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>2.16</version>
            <reportSets>
              <reportSet>
                <reports>
                  <report>report</report>
                </reports>
              </reportSet>
            </reportSets>
          </plugin>

I now do not want to override these with:

            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.16</version>
                <reportSets>
                    <reportSet>
                        <reports combine.self="override">
                            <report>report-only</report>
                            <report>failsafe-report-only</report>
                        </reports>
                    </reportSet>
                </reportSets>
            </plugin>

so tests are not executed again during site generation.

This does not work, the effective pom still shows:

     <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.16</version>
        <reportSets>
          <reportSet>
            <reports>
              <report>report-only</report>
              <report>failsafe-report-only</report>
              <report>report</report>
            </reports>
          </reportSet>
        </reportSets>
      </plugin>

So combine.self="override" seems not to work here. Is this intended?

Regards Mirko
--
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/

Re: Override reportSets via combine.self="override"?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
On 7 November 2013 08:53, Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> say I have a parent pom, which defines:
>
>           <plugin>
>             <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>             <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
>             <version>2.16</version>
>             <reportSets>
>               <reportSet>
>                 <reports>
>                   <report>report</report>
>                 </reports>
>               </reportSet>
>             </reportSets>
>           </plugin>
>
> I now do not want to override these with:
>
>             <plugin>
>                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <version>2.16</version>
>                 <reportSets>
>                     <reportSet>
>                         <reports combine.self="override">
>                             <report>report-only</report>
>                             <report>failsafe-report-only</report>
>                         </reports>
>                     </reportSet>
>                 </reportSets>
>             </plugin>
>
> so tests are not executed again during site generation.
>
> This does not work, the effective pom still shows:
>
>      <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>2.16</version>
>         <reportSets>
>           <reportSet>
>             <reports>
>               <report>report-only</report>
>               <report>failsafe-report-only</report>
>               <report>report</report>
>             </reports>
>           </reportSet>
>         </reportSets>
>       </plugin>
>
> So combine.self="override" seems not to work here. Is this intended?

I believe this works only for <configuration>
This could be done in core (see class DefaultReportingConverter )
or in the maven-reporting-exec shared library.

> Regards Mirko
> --
> http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
> https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/