Posted to scimple@directory.apache.org by Eran Toledano <et...@proofpoint.com.INVALID> on 2022/11/15 21:26:38 UTC

SCIMple Release Inquiry

Hello,
I am Eran, a dev at Proofpoint’s App Services team.

As part of a new feature we are planning, we have been looking into different SCIM implementations when we came across the directory-SCIMple project.

We were quite impressed with its simplicity and extensibility. I was able to whip up a quick POC in our platform using the main modules somewhat easily. Suffice to say it’s the preferred option for us at the moment.

That being said, we were a little apprehensive about adopting SCIMple for production purposes since it had not yet had an official release.

We would love to get some insight about potential release plans/timelines before moving forward (we are also happy to contribute if necessary).

Thanks,
Eran

Re: SCIMple Release Inquiry

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brian,

On 2022/11/18 13:11, Shawn McKinney wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I dropped the PMC mailing list and added the dev list.
>
>> On Nov 17, 2022, at 5:41 PM, Brian Demers <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>   think we need someone from the Directory PMC to chime in before committing to something official, but here are my personal thoughts:
>>
>> SCIMple needs an initial release in order to be successful (grow the community), as mentioned by Eran, developers are not OK with snapshots or maintaining a fork.
>>
>> Here are some ideas:
>>
>> 1. Cut a 1.0 release of SCIMple, (following Apache release processes)
>> 2. Create a 0.9 or 1.0-RC1 release if there is a desire to increase the committer count before cutting a 1.0 (NOTE: this would still need to follow official ASF release policies)
>>

> I’m leaning towards #2. If everything goes according to plan, the 1.0 can follow on its heals.

Whatever works :-)

If you are confident that a 1.0 is stable enough, we can skip the RC
phase. In any case it's just a matter of taste.

>> This strategy/question is probably a question for the wider Apache Directory PMC. In either case, I can volunteer to be the release manager, but we need to ensure we have enough PMC members to vote.
>
> We’ve long been in favor of this project getting a release out. I’d be willing to test, assuming it's automated and well documented.

Same thing here.

You'll have the 3 PMC members voting this release, dot worry :-)

Scimple really deserves a release, and an updated web site !

> Also will vote on the initial releases, to help the project gain footing.
>
> —
> Shawn

*Emmanuel Lécharny - CTO* 205 Promenade des Anglais – 06200 NICE
T. +33 (0)4 89 97 36 50
P. +33 (0)6 08 33 32 61
emmanuel.lecharny@busit.com https://www.busit.com/

Re: SCIMple Release Inquiry

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: SCIMple Release Inquiry

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: SCIMple Release Inquiry

Posted by Brian Demers <bd...@apache.org>.
Hey folks!

I think we need someone from the Directory PMC to chime in before