Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2011/10/17 23:31:21 UTC

Preparing for the 0.2.0 release of Bigtop

Fellow Bigtoppers,

even though 0.1.0 was only ~2 month ago it seems that we've got
plenty of good stuff in our trunk waiting for 0.2.0. I would like to propose
that we shoot for 0.2.0 to be available first week of November 2011
and that it includes the following Hadoop stack components (note
that we will NOT be bumping version of Hadoop):
On top of that, I propose that we make iTest validation be part of the
release criteria for 0.2.0.

Now, all together we have 21 issues assigned to 0.2.0:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=assignee&sorter/order=ASC

Andrew has 6 assigned to him, Bruno has 1 and it seems that I've got
the rest of them. I would appreciate if you guys can take a look
at the ones assigned to you and let me know if you are comfortable
fixing them this week or whether they can be punted to 0.3.0.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Preparing for the 0.2.0 release of Bigtop

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-114 and
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-115 are pending review.

It looks like those got +1 on op of which I committed similar fixes
in my other patches to Pig. Please let us know if we still need
to apply the patches, or whether the current state of trunk is good
enough for these bugs to be closed.

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-34 has been waiting for review

Looks like it is full of +1s now ;-)
Can you, please, commit this one?

> think https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-51 is done enough for

Agreed. I moved it to 0.3.0

> here. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-89 is kind of
> unresolvable without patching the example scripts.

Has an upstream JIRA been filed?

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-114 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-115 are pending review.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-34 has been waiting for review
forever, and I didn't really know what to do there in the first place. =) I
think https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-51 is done enough for
here. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-89 is kind of
unresolvable without patching the example scripts.

A.

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.