Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Florian Schaetz <Fl...@Optitool.DE> on 2013/07/26 10:22:41 UTC

Geronimo redirects every HttpURLConnection to localhost

Hi,

I've written a small WebService (for testing purposes mainly) for my Geronimo 2.2.1, which opens an URLConnection to an http address. Strangly, I was always getting a FileNotFoundException (in other words, a 404 error), but when entering the URL into my browser, it worked flawlessly. So, after some testing and reading the error-output, I found out that Geronimo seemso to redirect that URLConnection to localhost - which then throws a 404, of course.

For example...

http://mydomain.com/somewhere/something.html

returns the (Geronimo) error html page that /somewhere/something.html  does not exist. Err... Yes, because I didn't want localhost:8080/somewhere/something.html...

Has anyone an idea where this behavior comes from?

Regards,

Flo

Re: Geronimo redirects every HttpURLConnection to localhost

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
It's been years since I've looked at this and I don't recall what the spec says should happen…. however I wonder if you have a wsdl and what host it specifies?

david jencks