Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com> on 2006/05/31 13:10:02 UTC

maven plugin - docs on how mangen approaches similar problems

I've been concious that I haven't had the time to read all the maven
plugin threads - and won't get time in the forseeable future to learn
maven to a depth where my input will be that useful.

What I have noticed (or rather Richard has pointed out to me) is that
some of the discussions on import / export cases parallel areas that we
had to look at and solve when creating mangen.

How mangen solved some of these, and the rules we created in the
process, are documented in the mangen docs, which might be interesting
for those that haven't already read them:

http://oscar-osgi.sourceforge.net/mangen/OpenosgiMangen.html

Might be worthwhile scanning them quickly - at some stage soonish I hope
to move the mangen codebase into Felix SVN, at which point there'll come
the question of how/where it can be leveraged in the build stage and
what extensions or extra rules it may need.

Regards

-- Rob Walker

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com