Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tyler Bird <bi...@epromo.com> on 2007/10/01 19:35:06 UTC

Starting / Stopping Sendmail

Hi List,

I know this is off topic, but does anyone know
if you restart the sendmail MTA daemon if all mail in the mail queues
will still
be delivered or any email will be lost as a result?

Thanks so much and redirect me to a sendmail list thanks.

Tyler

Re: Starting / Stopping Sendmail

Posted by Jeff Pang <rw...@gmail.com>.
2007/10/2, Tyler Bird <bi...@epromo.com>:
> Hi List,
>

> I know this is off topic, but does anyone know
> if you restart the sendmail MTA daemon if all mail in the mail queues
> will still
> be delivered or any email will be lost as a result?

No.when you restart a sendmail,mail queues will neither be delivered
nor be discarded.
They will be kept on the filesystem and when next time sendmail is
running,they will be delivered finally.