Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/03/21 22:19:33 UTC

maybe a Java 9 blocker (if target Java is 8)

We have some builds on Jenkins set up to run using Java 9.

I see some issues around no class def found for javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter.

Others see this same issue: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8157670

But it's not a bug, it's intentional:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk9-dev/2016-May/004309.html

When I add the --add-modules java.xml.bind to the compiler, it then complains
that you can't do that if your compile target is Java 8.

Maybe this will get fixed before Java 9 comes out.  If not, it looks like for
java 9 testing, we'll have to specify the target level is 9.

-Marshall

Re: maybe a Java 9 blocker (if target Java is 8)

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
On 22.03.2017, at 16:25, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:

> correct.  I'm thinking of a profile enabled by Java 9 to handle this kind of
> thing- does that seem like the right way to go?

That should work.

I've been too "lazy" to make changes to the SVN for the J9 builds so far and had tried to resolve the problems via the Maven command line in the Jenkins job itself.

-- Richard

Re: maybe a Java 9 blocker (if target Java is 8)

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.