Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2003/01/10 04:43:00 UTC

[re-vote] Coding standards

A vote needs to have a final conclusion, and I don't think the coding
standards vote had one.

Please vote on the following:

1. Switch from tabs to spaces for indentation.
[The overwhelming consensus is for spaces, but I am retaining this here for
one last round of objections - but remember this is consensus voting where
the majority rule]

    Scott Eade: +1

2. Adopt Sun's coding standards
(http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html)

    Scott Eade: +1

3. Adopt the additional coding standards from the Turbine projects
(http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html) (only vote +1
for this if you are also voting +1 for spaces)

    Scott Eade: +1

4. Whatever standard is adopted, the best approach to making the switch is
to reformat the code and commit with an appropriate comment (e.g.
"Reformatting code") separately (and preferably prior) to making other
changes (just reformatting with no subsequent change will also be
acceptable).

    Scott Eade: +1

Once the decision is made I will locate a checkstyle definition we can use
(Sun standard, Turbine standard or whatever).

Cheers,

Scott
--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: [re-vote] Coding standards

Posted by Oliver Rossmueller <ol...@tuxerra.com>.
Scott Eade wrote:
> A vote needs to have a final conclusion, and I don't think the coding
> standards vote had one.
>
> Please vote on the following:
>
> 1. Switch from tabs to spaces for indentation.
> [The overwhelming consensus is for spaces, but I am retaining this here for
> one last round of objections - but remember this is consensus voting where
> the majority rule]
>
>     Scott Eade: +1

Oliver Rossmueller: +1

> 2. Adopt Sun's coding standards
> (http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html)
>
>     Scott Eade: +1

Oliver Rossmueller: -1

> 3. Adopt the additional coding standards from the Turbine projects
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html) (only vote +1
> for this if you are also voting +1 for spaces)
>
>     Scott Eade: +1

Oliver Rossmueller: +1

> 4. Whatever standard is adopted, the best approach to making the switch is
> to reformat the code and commit with an appropriate comment (e.g.
> "Reformatting code") separately (and preferably prior) to making other
> changes (just reformatting with no subsequent change will also be
> acceptable).
>
>     Scott Eade: +1

Oliver Rossmueller: +1

AW: [VOTE] Coding standards

Posted by Wolfram Rittmeyer <w....@proplant.de>.
And for this one also +1 for all four votes,

Wolfram

Re: [VOTE] Coding standards

Posted by Drew Gulino <dr...@yahoo.com>.
> > 1. Switch from tabs to spaces for indentation.
> > [The overwhelming consensus is for spaces, but I
> am retaining this here for
> > one last round of objections - but remember this
> is consensus voting where
> > the majority rule]
Vote +1

> > 2. Adopt Sun's coding standards

(http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html)
Vote +1

> > 3. Adopt the additional coding standards from the
> Turbine projects

(http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html)
> (only vote +1
> > for this if you are also voting +1 for spaces)
Vote +1

> > 4. Whatever standard is adopted, the best approach
> to making the switch is
> > to reformat the code and commit with an
> appropriate comment (e.g.
> > "Reformatting code") separately (and preferably
> prior) to making other
> > changes (just reformatting with no subsequent
> change will also be
> > acceptable).
Vote +1

[VOTE] Coding standards

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.
> 1. Switch from tabs to spaces for indentation.
> [The overwhelming consensus is for spaces, but I am retaining this here for
> one last round of objections - but remember this is consensus voting where
> the majority rule]
>
>     Scott Eade: +1
Jordi Salvat: +1

> 2. Adopt Sun's coding standards
> (http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html)
>
>     Scott Eade: +1
Jordi Salvat: +1

> 3. Adopt the additional coding standards from the Turbine projects
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html) (only vote +1
> for this if you are also voting +1 for spaces)
>
>     Scott Eade: +1
Jordi Salvat: +1

> 4. Whatever standard is adopted, the best approach to making the switch is
> to reformat the code and commit with an appropriate comment (e.g.
> "Reformatting code") separately (and preferably prior) to making other
> changes (just reformatting with no subsequent change will also be
> acceptable).
>
>     Scott Eade: +1
Jordi Salvat: +1

Re: [re-vote] Coding standards

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Mike Stover: +0 to all.

On 10 Jan 2003 at 14:43, Scott Eade wrote:

> A vote needs to have a final conclusion, and I don't think the coding
> standards vote had one.
>
> Please vote on the following:
>
> 1. Switch from tabs to spaces for indentation.
> [The overwhelming consensus is for spaces, but I am retaining this here for
> one last round of objections - but remember this is consensus voting where
> the majority rule]
>
>     Scott Eade: +1
>
> 2. Adopt Sun's coding standards
> (http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html)
>
>     Scott Eade: +1
>
> 3. Adopt the additional coding standards from the Turbine projects
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html) (only vote +1
> for this if you are also voting +1 for spaces)
>
>     Scott Eade: +1
>
> 4. Whatever standard is adopted, the best approach to making the switch is
> to reformat the code and commit with an appropriate comment (e.g.
> "Reformatting code") separately (and preferably prior) to making other
> changes (just reformatting with no subsequent change will also be
> acceptable).
>
>     Scott Eade: +1
>
> Once the decision is made I will locate a checkstyle definition we can use
> (Sun standard, Turbine standard or whatever).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
> --
> Scott Eade