Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/10 19:52:24 UTC

[Vote] MINA 2.0.2 release

Hi guys,

a few issues has been fixed since we released 2.0.1, and a few of them
are quite annoying. I'd like to get 2.0.2 out with the following fix
applied :

    Bug

    * [DIRMINA-771 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-771>]
      - Calling NioSocketSession.toString() causes java.lang.Error
    * [DIRMINA-790 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-790>]
      - 2.0.0M6 + 2.0.0RC1: Win7 performance issue
    * [DIRMINA-791 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-791>]
      - LineDelimeter.DEFAULT equals LineDelimeter.AUTO
    * [DIRMINA-807 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-807>]
      - Deadlock with NioDatagramAcceptor/Udp (Compilable code inlined
      showing issue)
    * [DIRMINA-808 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-808>]
      - infinity loop in AbstractPollingIoProcessor.Processor.run if
      connection is closed
    * [DIRMINA-810 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-810>]
      - DIRMINA-803 ProtocolCodecFilter.filterWrite() is no longer
      thread-safe not fixed totally
    * [DIRMINA-812 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-812>]
      - ProtocolCodecSession.getService() returns null

1 is a blocker (DIRMINA-790), 2 are critical (DIRMINA-803 and 771), the
other are major or minor.

Here's the Jira link for this version if you'd like to review issues in more details:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10670&fixfor=12315473

  A temporary tag has been created (it can be removed if the vote is not approved):
  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mina/tags/2.0.2/

  The svn revision is :http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1044463

  The newly approved Nexus has been used for the preparation of this release and all final artifacts are stored in a staging repository:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-002/

  The sources distributions are available for download on :
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-002/org/apache/mina/mina-parent/2.0.2/

  The distribution packages are also available on http://people.apache.org/~elecharny

  Let's vote :
  [ ] +1 | Release MINA 2.0.2
  [ ] ±0 | Abstain
  [ ] -1 | Do *NOT*  release MINA 2.0.2

Thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

[Result] [Vote] MINA 2.0.2 release

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>.
Hi guys,

I'll now close the vote which passed with 6 +1 votes, 5 of them being
binding.

I will move the packages to the download area and update the site tomorrow.

Many thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [Vote] MINA 2.0.2 release

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Two voting threads, this will be confusing :-)

/niklas

Re: [Vote] MINA 2.0.2 release

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
+1

2010/12/13 Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>

> [...]
> more
> > details:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10670&fixfor=12315473
> >
> >  A temporary tag has been created (it can be removed if the vote is not
> > approved):
> >  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mina/tags/2.0.2/
> >
> >  The svn revision is :http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1044463
> >
> >  The newly approved Nexus has been used for the preparation of this
> release
> > and all final artifacts are stored in a staging repository:
> >  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-002/
> >
> >  The sources distributions are available for download on :
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-002/org/apache/mina/mina-parent/2.0.2/
> >
> >  The distribution packages are also available on

Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org

Re: [Vote] MINA 2.0.2 release

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.