Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mike Casey <Mi...@ird.govt.nz> on 2004/12/01 22:48:30 UTC

http request vs cocoon request object

Hi there, I am currently writing some logs using the cocoon
object and the FOM_Session, FOM_Request and FOM_Log objects.

I need to log a number of users details from the request but
have been getting back null results when I do this. In
particular, I have been getting null results on things like
protocol, header length (-1) and header type. I think that the
Cocoon Request Object therefore does not retain all the
information available in the http request, infact I am certain of
it.

Unfortunatley I need to log these details and so need to figure
out a way to get access to the HTTP request. I have thought about
doing this by either copying the request and passing it to my
logging class or dealing with it directly and logging details
from the parent sitemap.

Has anybody else come across this problem?
Has anybody found an easy way to access the http request?

Thanks

Mike Casey
Inland Revenue Department
New Zealand

Re: http request vs cocoon request object

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Please look at the archives. Someone posted an example of this just
yesterday.