Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ekta <ek...@e-arc.com> on 2017/02/07 11:08:08 UTC

Re: Solr Shard Splitting Issue with 60 GB index data

Hi Anshum,

Thanks for the reply.

But I've stuck in some other way. I'm able to split shard successfully with
less amount of index data, i.e. less than 45GB. But my actual data volume is
more than 70 GB, and when I'm trying to split the shard in the same process,
it's not completed successfully. I've tried several times and with one shard
(*70 GB Data*) only. I've monitored the state.json for about 24 hrs but
still the master shard was in active state. *I think there is some issue
happening while the shard data volume is high like more than 70GB. *

So can you confirm that the shard splitting works fine for large amount of
data as well, like this kind of load testing is tested? Or is there any
configuration changes required like timeout value or something I need to
take care of. I've already sent you the logs and all my Solr machine
configurations.

Please suggest.