Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/26 06:57:43 UTC

Making the Synapse configuration language XML Schema compliant

Folks,

Since we are planning to go for a 2.0 release of Synapse directly, I am
planning to make some changes to the Synapse Configuration Language which
will make it XML Schema compliant and is planing to write a XML Schema for
the Synapse Configuration Language.

This will be much more helpful when it comes to editing the configurations
using an XML editor or for doing configuration validations.

We will make sure to give proper migration tool to migrate 1.x
configurations into 2.x

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton
Technical Lead & Product Manager; WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb

Re: Making the Synapse configuration language XML Schema compliant

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
I think we have a set of people ready to contribute to the release, and the
action items will be distributed among the people who are willing to involve
in this. Lets see how it goes.

Thanks,
Ruwan

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

Please see my comments in-line;

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Since we are planning to go for a 2.0 release of Synapse directly, I am
> planning to make some changes to the Synapse Configuration Language which
> will make it XML Schema compliant and is planing to write a XML Schema for
> the Synapse Configuration Language.

+1

I think this is something we've been missing for a long time.

Thanks,
Hiranya

> This will be much more helpful when it comes to editing the configurations
> using an XML editor or for doing configuration validations.
>
> We will make sure to give proper migration tool to migrate 1.x
> configurations into 2.x
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Ruwan
>
> --
> Ruwan Linton
> Technical Lead & Product Manager; WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.org
> email: ruwan@wso2.com; cell: +94 77 341 3097
> blog: http://ruwansblog.blogspot.com

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka
Software Engineer;

RE: Making the Synapse configuration language XML Schema compliant

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.