Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Marc Chamberlin <ma...@marcchamberlin.com> on 2019/01/06 03:23:44 UTC

Re: A MySQL connection setup issue SOLVED!

Thanks everyone who helped me with getting James and MySQL/MariaDB to
get along with each other. Upgrading MariaDB from version 10.0 (supplied
with the OpenSUSE distro) to version 10.3 solved the remaining problems
I was experiencing. Appears there was a bug in setting table sizes that
they managed to solve.  I will close this thread and start a new one
with my next question.

    Marc..

On 01/04/2019 03:36 PM, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
> [...]
> Unsatisfied dependency expressed th
> rough constructor argument with index 0 of type
> [org.apache.james.user.api.UsersRepository]: : Error creating bean
> with name 'usersreposito
> ry': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
> <openjpa-3.0.0-r422266:1833209 nonfatal general error>
> org.apache.openjpa.persis
> tence.PersistenceException: (conn=10) Specified key was too long; max
> key length is 767 bytes {stmnt 515268797 CREATE TABLE JAMES_MAIL_REPO
> S (MAIL_REPO_NAME VARCHAR(1024) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY
> (MAIL_REPO_NAME)) ENGINE = innodb} [code=1071, state=42000]; nested
> exception is org.
> springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
> bean with name 'usersrepository': Invocation of init method failed; nes
> ted exception is <openjpa-3.0.0-r422266:1833209 nonfatal general
> error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: (conn=10)
> Spec
> ified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes {stmnt 515268797
> CREATE TABLE JAMES_MAIL_REPOS (MAIL_REPO_NAME VARCHAR(1024) NOT NULL,
> PRIMARY KEY (MAIL_REPO_NAME)) ENGINE = innodb} [code=1071, state=42000]
>
> Uhhh "Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes"???
> What in the world is this talking about? Google makes it sound like
> another MySQL issue?
>
> I am not groking what you are saying about the JPA classes not
> working, or what symptoms I will see. Sounds ominous...  Have I
> reached the point where I will have to create the tables manually?
>
> Thanks again for all your help... Marc...
>

> On 1/4/19 6:29 AM, Garry Hurley wrote:
>> A few things I forgot to mention, make sure you have granted your user
>> access to log in remotely, and that you have created whatever
>> database you
>> want to connect to (just do the create database '<your db name
>> here>'; and
>> it will work). Also, once you get past that point, you will likely find
>> that the JPA classes don't work.  That is fixed in the current code
>> stream.I doubt it has been backcported to 3.2.0, so be advised.  If you
>> need scripts for creating the tables manually, I have them. exported
>> from
>> SQL Server, but the DDL scripts should not be too different, just
>> reach out
>> to me and I will pop them into an email.
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 9:16 AM Garry Hurley <ga...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The vendor class on the driver is supposed to match, but also be
>>> certain you are using Mariadb and not MySQL database and MariaDB
>>> client in your Linux distro. My config, which does work in the current
>>> branch (3.3.0 SNAPSHOT), is as follows.  It goes without saying that
>>> your mileage my vary, and that I am using Slackware Linux, so your
>>> mileage may vary.

>>> # Use derby as default
>>> database.driverClassName=org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver
>>> database.url=jdbc:mariadb://localhost:3306/maildb
>>> database.username=james
>>> database.password=<your password>
>>>
>>> # Supported adapters are:
>>> # DB2, DERBY, H2, HSQL, INFORMIX, MYSQL, ORACLE, POSTGRESQL,
>>> SQL_SERVER,
>>> SYBASE
>>> vendorAdapter.database=MYSQL

>>> Make sure, however, that your database is configured to allow network
>>> connections.  Change your rc.mysqld (or comparable one if your Linux
>>> distro is inferior to Slackware ;) ) script to read as follows:
>>> # To allow outside connections to the database comment out the next
>>> line.
>>> # If you don't need incoming network connections, then leave the line
>>> # uncommented to improve system security.
>>> #SKIP="--skip-networking"

>>> 'apassword';

>>> password.

>>> OK...

>>> org.apache.
>>>>>
>>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.schema.DataSourceFactory.newConnectException(DataSourceFactory.java:272)

>>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.schema.DataSourceFactory.installDBDictionary(DataSourceFactory.java:258)

>>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.getConnectionFactory(JDBCConfigurationImpl.java:735)

>>> org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1549)

>>> org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1388)

>>> org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:1044)

Linux Counter

Re: A MySQL connection setup issue SOLVED!

Posted by Garry Hurley <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the heads up on the fix to the specified key length issue.  I
ran into it and recompiled using the 767 byte length, but then my Slackware
build was to test  the jar files for connections to a SQLServer instance,
which has a max key length of 900, so going with 767 worked okay for me.
Glad you got it to work.  I figured it was likely a misconfiguration of
MySQL when you said the URLs matched except for database name.