Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andy Bierman <an...@andybierman.com> on 2010/07/19 17:31:13 UTC

[users@httpd] serving debian packages

Hi,

I cannot get Apache 2.2 to return a .deb file correctly.
It is treated by the browser (firefox 3.5) as a text file.
The same file on WEBrick is treated correctly as a Debian package.

I added the command 'AddType application/x-deb .deb'
to the associated <VirtualHost> section my .conf file, but it has no effect.

What config options do I need to make this work?
All the .rpm files are treated corrected as RPM packages.

thanks,
Andy

Re: [users@httpd] serving debian packages

Posted by Andy Bierman <an...@andybierman.com>.
On 07/19/2010 08:31 AM, Andy Bierman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot get Apache 2.2 to return a .deb file correctly.
> It is treated by the browser (firefox 3.5) as a text file.
> The same file on WEBrick is treated correctly as a Debian package.
>
> I added the command 'AddType application/x-deb .deb'
> to the associated <VirtualHost> section my .conf file, but it has no effect.
>
> What config options do I need to make this work?
> All the .rpm files are treated corrected as RPM packages.

Sorry for the noise -- the problem is coming from Turbogears, not Apache.

> thanks,
> Andy

Andy