Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Helena Bales <hb...@pivotal.io> on 2018/08/07 22:59:59 UTC

[geode-dev] Gfsh Start Server option "disable-exit-when-out-of-memory"

Hello Geode devs,

There is an option on the start server Gfsh command that, according to the
help message "Prevents the JVM from exiting when an OutOfMemoryError
occurs. When this option is *not* set, a JVM argument gets added, depending
on which JVM you are using, to kill the JVM when an OutOfMemoryError
occurs. While setting the option does prevent those arguments from being
set, it does not keep the JVM alive after an OutOfMemoryError occurs.

Since this option does not do what its help message or name promises, I
would like to propose that we either remove it or rename it to make its
name more closely match its behaviour.

~Helena Bales

Re: [geode-dev] Gfsh Start Server option "disable-exit-when-out-of-memory"

Posted by Darrel Schneider <ds...@pivotal.io>.
You can go ahead and improve the help text immediately

Posted by Kenneth Howe <kh...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
We might want to: